Founded in Salem, Oregon, in 1995 the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association is a professional organization comprised of dedicated individuals committed to preserving professionalism in the field of hypnotherapy. We provide our members continuing education and an open forum for the free exchange of ideas, techniques, and occupational discussion concerning hypnotherapy. Important OHA resources through the years have been the OHA Northwest newsletter, the official publication of the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association, and the OHA web site, the first web site devoted exclusively to the promotion of hypnotherapy in Oregon. The Oregon Hypnotherapy Association supports an exchange of ideas, association, mutual confidence and cooperation among its members.
The mission of the organization is to:
- Provide a forum for free exchange of ideas, techniques, and occupational discussions concerning hypnotherapy
Provide a referral resource for securing quality training in hypnotherapy in the Pacific Northwest
- Offer educational resources pertinent to the professional exercise of hypnotherapy
- Recognize hypnotherapy as a separate and distinct profession
Provide quality continuing education resources for members and the communities in which members offer their services
- Offer referral services for member hypnotherapists
- Offer the public a source of accurate information about hypnotherapy
- Acknowledge and promote hypnotherapy as a valid professional complement to licensed medical and psychological services
If you think you might qualify for membership in the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association, click here for membership.