Founded in Salem, Oregon, in 1995 the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association is a professional organization comprised of dedicated individuals committed to preserving professionalism in the field of hypnotherapy. We provide our members continuing education and an open forum for the free exchange of ideas, techniques, and occupational discussion concerning hypnotherapy.
Important OHA resources through the years have been the Hypnosis Oregon newsletter, the official publication of the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association, and the OHA web site, the very first web site devoted exclusively to the promotion of hypnotherapy in Oregon.
The Oregon Hypnotherapy Association supports an exchange of ideas, association, mutual confidence and cooperation among its members. The mission of the organization is to:
- Promote member hypnotherapists
- Preserve and protect the professional exercise of hypnotherapy
- Recognize hypnotherapy as a separate and distinct profession
- Provide quality continuing education resources for members and the communities in which our members offer their services
- Offer professional referral services for member hypnotherapists
- Offer the public a quality resource for hypnotherapists
- Establish hypnotherapy as a valid professional complement to licensed medical and psychological agencies
- Provide education to the public about hypnosis and its clinical uses.
If you think you might qualify for membership in the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association, click here for membership requirements and enrollment instructions.