- Have an interest in the progression and preservation of hypnotherapy as a profession.
- Have a desire to sustain and support the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association.
- Apply in writing/online on the prescribed form and pay the annual fee:
A person is qualified to be a Member of the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association who is engaged in the practice of hypnotherapy and who:
- documents that he or she has received a minimum of 150 hours of personal instruction in hypnosis or hypnotherapy that is either sanctioned by a national professional organization or was from any school teaching hypnotherapy that is accredited by an agency authorized by the United States Department of Education or is otherwise licensed, registered, approved or sanctioned by any State of the United States, provided such organization or school teaches a curriculum that includes:
- instruction in the history of hypnosis
- techniques of client assessment
- suggestibility testing
- induction and de-hypnotization techniques
- deepening techniques
- principles of post-hypnotic suggestion
- contraindications for hypnosis
- self-hypnosis training
- administration and record keeping
- law and ethics
- an understanding of the limits of practice sufficient to allow a reasonable person to make an informed decision as to whether the client’s desired outcomes reasonably fall within the scope of hypnotherapy
- or, has been engaged in the practice of hypnotherapy for a minimum of five (5) years and can document same by means of public record.
- or, can document membership in an approved national or state organization (e.g., NGH, ABH, ASCH, and etc.).*
- and has applied in writing/online on the prescribed form and has paid the required fee:
- and is at least 21 years of age and has not engaged in conduct or activities which would constitute grounds for rejection from membership.
- and for each year after the initial year of membership, documents receiving 15 hours of continuing education* in hypnosis or any related health field, business, ethics, or other training, education, or research during the prior year that enhances the member’s professional practice of hypnosis. Each OHA seminar offers 5 hours of continuing education. Attendance at all OHA events in a year would satisfy this requirement.
*Must be approved by the OHA Board of Directors.
Already an OHA Member?
If your OHA Membership has expired or will soon expire, click here to renew your membership.
*This offer applies only to a new membership application, may not be transferred or reassigned, and must be applied within the first year of membership. No refund or extension may be applied for non-use.