- Have an interest in the progression and preservation of hypnotherapy as a profession.
- Have a desire to sustain and support the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association.
- Apply in writing on the prescribed form and pay the annual fee. Click here to apply for Membership.
A person is qualified to be a member of the Oregon Hypnotherapy Association who is engaged in the practice of hypnotherapy who:
- has applied in writing on the prescribed form and has paid the required fee. Click here to apply for Membership.
- is at least 21 years of age and has not engaged in conduct or activities which would constitute grounds for rejection from membership.
- documents that he or she has received a minimum of 150 hours of personal instruction in hypnosis or hypnotherapy that is either sanctioned by a national professional organization or was from any school teaching hypnotherapy that is accredited by an agency authorized by the United States Department of Education or is otherwise licensed, registered, approved or sanctioned by any State of the United States, provided such organization or school teaches a curriculum that includes:
- instruction in the history of hypnosis
- techniques of client assessment
- suggestibility testing
- induction and de-hypnotization techniques
- deepening techniques
- principles of post-hypnotic suggestion
- contraindications for hypnosis
- self-hypnosis training
- administration and record keeping
- law and ethics
- an orientation to the limits of practice sufficient to allow a reasonable person to make an informed decision if the client’s problem reasonably falls within the scope of hypnotherapy
- or, has been engaged in the practice of hypnotherapy for a minimum of five (5) years and can document same by means of public record.
- for each year after the initial year of membership, documents 15 hours of continuing education in hypnosis or any related health field during the prior year.
Already an OHA Member?
If your OHA Membership has expired or will soon expire, click here to renew your membership.